Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kane vs. Taker - Round 3

So here we are yet again. Kane vs. The Undertaker. Or at least we are building towards it. I have to admit, I'm slightly intrigued. I like the angle that the WWE has taken on building this feud. The angle that it's something Kane has been plotting for basically his entire tenure in the WWE. I like how they have spun this as Kane keeping The Undertaker close to him when the Brothers of Destruction reunited as a way to essentially build trust with The Undertaker, and buy time before enacting his plan to take his brother out. Then he strikes - after Taker takes out after his alleged ego gets the best of him after he ends the career of Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 26. It's solid, believable, and it builds off past history between the two. And quite frankly it's somewhat simple. Kane was jealous of his brother. Over the years he's plotted to get back at him. Things happened to work out now that he could strike back so he did. Simple.

Now that said, the question going forward is what happens when this feud ends? There has been a lot of speculation the last couple of years as to whether or not Taker and/or Kane are going to retire. I remember back in 2004 when the "Deadman" gimmick was brought back for The Undertaker that people were speculating that Taker would have a run with this gimmick and then we'd see him retire. That was almost 7 years ago. So, in a nutshell does this feud signal the end of either Kane or The Undertaker? If I were a betting man, I'd say no, unless the feud is dragged out of over several months only to reach Wrestlemania 27. If that's the case, then I could see one, or both retiring in a final face off against one another. So we'll see I suppose. It will be interesting. In a way I would almost hope that Kane and Taker feud through Wrestlemania only to have some sort of grand finale to both their careers. It would be fitting. But time will tell. If I had a vote, that's where I'd be casting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment