Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Revamp

I'm back and ready to go. I'm here to talk about the lighter side of life. The things that we fill our free time with and use to escape from the doldrums of every day life. Those who know me know that I am a huge professional wrestling fan. Over the past few years my interest in wrestling hasn't diminished as much as it's been put on the backburner. The past two weeks I watched RAW on Monday Night and really actually had an opportunity to sit down and enjoy it. The current storyline with the Nexus has been one that I have to tip my hat to the WWE on. They've managed to strike a degree of balance and freshen things up when it was going stale. However, I will be interested to see where it goes after SummerSlam on Sunday. It's been going on for a few months now, and I am not sure it has much steam if Nexus loses on Sunday, unless of course the creative team plays up a revenge angle.

That said, I can't believe Summerslam is this Sunday. I thought we had another week to go. Then it hit me that the show is this weekend. I had a momentary debate as to whether or not I should get the Pay Per View. Then it just kind of hit me that this is one of the biggest shows of the year for the WWE. I have to get Summerslam. Besides, the next several Pay Per Views they've got going on are all gimmick Pay Per Views, and lord knows I'm not a fan of that.

I am finally starting to wrap up Suikoden V. I started playing the game back in January and took a break to basically devote three months of my life to Mass Effect, then another 6 weeks to Final Fantasy 13. I have to say that I was glad I put down Suikoden V to play Mass Effect and Final Fantasy 13. I started playing video games last summer and enjoyed it as a hobby but never really got drawn into a game the way I remembered from my childhood. Mass Effect changed that. I cannot remember playing a game that drew me into the universe, the gameplay, the characters, and the story the way this game did. Final Fantasy 13 was similar in that respect, but different. It was the first time I can ever remember being drawn into a game to where I was in love with the universe, storyline, characters, and gameplay, but still able to step back and say "man, this game has some problems".

And that will be my next post. My thoughts on Final Fantasy 13, and the Final Fantasy series in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment